Jump to Main Content
- Angers, Paul, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- European journal of nutrition 2014 v.53 no.3 pp. 761-768
- alpha-linolenic acid; blood; blood glucose; body weight; c-peptide; conjugated linoleic acid; diabetes; dietary fat; dietary supplements; food intake; glucose; glucose tolerance; insulin resistance; isomers; lipid metabolism; liver; models; omega-3 fatty acids; omega-6 fatty acids; piglets
- ... PURPOSE: There is an increased interest in the benefits of conjugated α-linolenic acid (CLNA) on obesity-related complications such as insulin resistance and diabetes. The aim of the study was to investigate whether a 1 % dietary supplementation of mono-CLNA isomers (c9-t11-c15-18:3 + c9-t13-c15-18:3) improved glucose and lipid metabolism in neonatal pigs. METHODS: Since mono-CLNA isomers combine ...
- Angers, Paul, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Food and chemical toxicology 2014 v.64 pp. 119-125
- alpha-linolenic acid; animal models; blood; brain; carcass composition; cholesterol; clinical trials; conjugated linoleic acid; creatinine; dietary fat; dietary supplements; electrolytes; enzymes; food intake; glucose; heart; isomers; liver; omega-3 fatty acids; omega-6 fatty acids; piglets; tissue weight; tissues; toxicology; triacylglycerols; urea nitrogen
- ... The aim of the present study was to perform a short-term safety evaluation of dietary mono-conjugated α-linolenic acid isomers (CLNA; c9-t11-c15-18:3+c9-t13-c15-18:3) using a neonatal pig model. CLNA diet was compared with three other dietary fats: (1) conjugated linoleic acid (CLA; c9-t11-18:2+t10-c12-18:2), (2) non-conjugated n-3 PUFA and (3) n-6 PUFA. Thirty-two piglets weaned at 3weeks of age ...
- Angers, Paul, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Canadian journal of plant science 2014 v.94 no.2 pp. 383-395
- Achillea millefolium; active ingredients; adulterated products; apigenin; biomass; chlorogenic acid; cultivation area; developmental stages; flowering; flowers; glycosides; greenhouses; harvesting; hydroponics; luteolin; medicinal plants; plant organs; risk; roots; sowing
- ... Pedneault, K., Dorais, M., Léonhart, S., Angers, P. and Gosselin, A. 2014. Time-course accumulation of flavonoids in hydroponically grown Achillea millefolium L. Can. J. Plant. Sci. 94: 383–395. In recent decades, the use of plant-based medicines as health products has increased considerably all over the world. As greenhouse hydroponic culture allows standardized cultural methods to be used, it ma ...