Jump to Main Content
Did you mean to type: chaki?
- Bouallou, Chakib, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Energy 2014 v.75 pp. 81-88
- carbon dioxide; carbon monoxide; computer software; cooling; electricity; electrolysis; hydrogen; methane; methane production; models; renewable energy sources; steam; synthesis gas; temperature; water
- ... In this paper, a new approach of converting renewable electricity into methane via syngas (a mixture of CO and H2) and CO methanation is presented. Surplus of electricity is used to electrolyze H2O and CO2 to H2 and CO by using a SOEC (Solid Oxide Electrolysis Cell). Syngas produced is then converted into methane. When high consumption peaks appear, methane is used to produce electricity. The main ...
- Bouallou, Chakib, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Energy 2014 v.69 pp. 272-284
- air; carbon dioxide; coal; cold; exergy; flue gas; guidelines; heat; power plants
- ... In this study, an exergy-based system level methodology is conducted to assess the energy penalty reduction potential of different configurations of first generation oxy-fired pulverized coal power plants. Once the process improvement potential is identified by exergy analysis on an oxy-fired plant with minimal integration, a heat integration methodology minimizing the exergy losses is carried out ...