Jump to Main Content
- Schaffer, Mario, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Chemosphere 2014 v.103 pp. 12-25
- aquatic environment; dissociation; guidelines; organic compounds; pH
- ... An increasing number of organic compounds detected today in the aquatic environment are ionizable and, therefore, partially or permanently charged (ionic) under the pH conditions encountered in these systems. For evaluating their environmental behavior, which strongly depends on the charge state, the identification of functional groups together with their correct assignment of the respective acidi ...
- Schaffer, Mario, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Water research 2014 v.54 pp. 273-283
- ammonium compounds; aqueous solutions; calcium; cation exchange; cations; magnesium; models; pH; silica gel; sodium; sorption; sorption isotherms; synthetic products
- ... Systematic batch experiments with the organic monovalent cation metoprolol as sorbate and the synthetic material silica gel as sorbent were conducted with the aim of characterizing the sorption of organic cations onto charged surfaces. Sorption isotherms for metoprolol (>99% protonated in the tested pH of around 6) in competition with mono- and divalent inorganic cations (Na+, NH4+, Ca2+, and Mg2+ ...