Jump to Main Content
- Burzyński, Artur, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Molecular genetics and genomics 2014 v.289 no.6 pp. 1275-1287
- Mytilus trossulus; correlation; genome; haplotypes; inheritance (genetics); interspecific hybridization; mitochondrial DNA; mussels; phylogeny; sequence analysis; Baltic Sea
- ... Recombination in the control region (CR) of Mytilus mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) was originally reported based on the relatively short, sequenced fragments of mitochondrial genomes. Recombination outside the CR has been reported recently with the suggestion that such processes are common in Mytilus. We have fully sequenced a set of 11 different mitochondrial haplotypes representing the high diversity ...
- PubMed Central:
- Burzyński, Artur, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of biogeography 2014 v.41 no.9 pp. 1758-1768
- Gammarus; animals; biodiversity; biogeography; cytochrome-c oxidase; fauna; flocks; genes; indigenous species; lakes; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; rivers; roots; surface area; Europe
- ... AIM: Lake Ohrid is the oldest existing lake in Europe, dating back to the Tertiary. Given its surface area and the adjusted endemism rate, it seems to hold the greatest biodiversity of any ancient lake. Of all the animal groups endemic to this lake, gammarids form one of the largest species flocks. The goal of our study was (1) to develop the phylogenetic framework for the Ohridian endemic Gammaru ...