Jump to Main Content
- Cermak, Steven C., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2014 v.53 pp. 236-243
- Lesquerella; Physaria fendleri; alkaloids; allergens; antibiotics; antineoplastic agents; bioactive properties; castor oil; enzyme inhibitors; hydrogenation; markets; pesticides; phosphonates; phosphorous acid; ricin; ricinoleic acid; risk; seeds
- ... Hydroxy fatty acids (HFAs) have found a number of uses in today's market, with uses ranging from industrial materials to pharmaceuticals. Castor oil, which is obtained from castor seeds, has served as a source of a versatile HFA; its principle component, ricinoleic acid, can be isolated from castor oil and has been modified extensively for a number of applications. Unfortunately, castor seeds also ...
- Cermak, Steven C., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 2014 v.91 no.12 pp. 2101-2109
- additives; antioxidants; biodiesel; coconuts; differential scanning calorimetry; dimerization; estolides; lubricants; oxidation; petroleum; synthetic products; temperature
- ... A series of 26 different antioxidants and commercial antioxidant packages designed for petroleum-based materials, containing both natural and synthetic-based materials, were evaluated with dimeric coconut-oleic estolide 2-ethylhexyl ester (2-EH), a bio-based material. The different antioxidants were categorized into different classes of phenolic, aminic, and blended/others materials. The oxidation ...