Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Wen-Feng, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2014 v.111 no.8 pp. 3026-3031
- Drosophila; adult stem cells; cell cycle; germ cells; males; signal transduction; sleep; testes
- ... Adult stem cells maintain tissue integrity and function by renewing cellular content of the organism through regulated mitotic divisions. Previous studies showed that stem cell activity is affected by local, systemic, and environmental cues. Here, we explore a role of environmental day–night cycles in modulating cell cycle progression in populations of adult stem cells. Using a classic stem cell s ...
- PubMed Central:
- Chen, Wen Feng, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Systematic and applied microbiology 2014 v.37 no.7 pp. 520-524
- Cicer arietinum; Mesorhizobium ciceri; Mesorhizobium mediterraneum; alkaline soils; biogeography; chickpeas; environmental factors; evolution; genes; genotype; introduced species; nodulation; surveys; vermiculite; China; India
- ... Mesorhizobium muleiense, Mesorhizobium mediterraneum and Mesorhizobium ciceri are chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) rhizobia that share a high similarity of the symbiotic genes nodC and nifH, but they have different geographic distributions. M. muleiense has been isolated and found only in alkaline soils of Xinjiang, China, whereas the other two strains have been found in the Mediterranean and India. ...