Jump to Main Content
- Chiancone, Benedetta, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Plant cell, tissue, and organ culture 2014 v.118 no.3 pp. 409-417
- breeding; cultivars; dormancy; endosperm; explants; genotype; germination; olives; rootstocks; seedlings; seeds; shoot meristems; testa
- ... The in vitro germination of excised embryos can break dormancy rapidly and shorten the time required to produce seedlings, speeding up olive breeding programmes as well as rootstock production. In this study, the in vitro germination potential of four Sicilian olive cultivars was evaluated during two years of experiments, using explants with three different morphological configurations that repres ...
- Chiancone, Benedetta, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Scientia horticulturae 2014 v.179 pp. 198-203
- cultivars; diploidy; flow cytometry; flowers; fruiting; fruits; genotype; leaves; mixoploidy; mutants; olives; pistil; plant ovary; pollen; tetraploidy
- ... Floral biology and fruit development were studied in Leccino Compact (LC), a polyploid olive mutant of cultivar Leccino (L). This mutant, considered a mixoploid with both diploid and tetraploid cells, has thicker leaves and fruit size similar to the diploid cultivar. So far, no information is available on its floral biology. In this study, the ploidy level of the LC fruit epicarp, analyzed by flow ...