Jump to Main Content
- Connell, Carol L., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of nutrition education and behavior 2014 v.46 no.1 pp. 34-42
- Blacks; Whites; academic degrees; cooking; healthy diet; lifestyle; meal planning; motivation; nutritional intervention; program planning; river deltas; women; Mississippi
- ... Identification of prominent themes to be considered when planning a nutrition intervention using the Reach, Effectiveness, Adoption, Implementation, and Maintenance framework.Qualitative formative research.Women's social and civic organizations in the Lower Mississippi Delta.Thirty-seven (5 white and 32 black) women with a college degree or higher.Impact of dietary and contextual factors related t ...
- Connell, Carol, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Preventing chronic disease 2014 v.11 pp. 130269
- African Americans; blood pressure; chronic diseases; drug therapy; hypertension; lifestyle; medical history; models; overweight; quality of life; risk factors; women; Mississippi
- ... Introduction: Effective strategies are needed to reach and treat people who lack awareness of or have uncontrolled hypertension. We used data from a community-based participatory research initiative, Hub City Steps, to quantify the prevalence of undiagnosed hypertension and determine the relationship between hypertension status at baseline and postintervention improvements in blood pressure and he ...
- PubMed Central:
- Connell, Carol, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics 2014 v.114 no.4 pp. 603
- African Americans; cities; diastolic blood pressure; diet; education; exercise; females; hypertension; lifestyle; models; social support; statistical analysis; sugars; systolic blood pressure
- ... The effectiveness of community-based participatory research (CBPR) efforts to address the disproportionate burden of hypertension among African Americans remains largely untested. The objective of this 6-month, noncontrolled, pre-/post-experimental intervention was to examine the effectiveness of a CBPR intervention in achieving improvements in blood pressure, anthropometric measures, biological m ...
- PubMed Central: