Jump to Main Content
- Desjardins, Y.
- Acta horticulturae 2014 no.1040 pp. 53-62
- antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bioavailability; chronic diseases; digestive system; fruits; gene expression; humans; immune system; mechanism of action; nutritional adequacy; phytochemicals; polyphenols; vegetables
- ... Fruits and vegetables (FAVs) consumption provides many benefits to health and they are known to prevent chronic diseases. The beneficial effects of FAV have been attributed to bioactive phytochemicals and especially to polyphenols, which display antioxidant activity in vitro. However, due to the poor bioavailability of these compounds and their negligible contribution to the antioxidant network of ...
- Desjardins, Y., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Acta horticulturae 2014 no.1037 pp. 771-776
- Rubus idaeus; climate; fruit yield; mulches; Quebec
- ... An experiment was conducted from 2011 to 2012 on Ile d'Orléans, Quebec, Canada to determine the effects of three growing environments (high tunnel, umbrella-like structure and open field) and reflective mulch (presence or absence) on fruit yield and berry size of floricane-fruiting red raspberry (Rubus idaeus L.) 'Jeanne d'Orléans' and of primocane-fruiting red raspberry 'Polka'. For floricane-fru ...