Jump to Main Content
- Dietrich, Christopher H., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- The Florida entomologist 2014 v.97 no.4 pp. 1493-1510
- Cicadellidae; Hemiptera; new genus; new species; China; Thailand
- ... Two new microleafhopper genera, Keumiata Qin & Dietrich gen. nov. and Flaviata Lu & Qin gen. nov. are described based on 2 new species, K. orientalis Qin & Dietrich sp. nov. and F. variata Lu & Qin sp. nov. from southwest China and Thailand. Both new genera are assigned to the typhlocybine tribe Empoascini. A key to the known genera of the tribe from China is provided and the differences between e ...
- Dietrich, Christopher H., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Arthropod structure & development 2014 v.43 no.6 pp. 559-570
- Exitianus; Psammotettix; acrosome; flagellum; insects; mitochondria; phylogeny; transmission electron microscopy; ultrastructure
- ... Previous studies of insect spermatozoa indicate that these specialized cells have undergone significant morphological evolution and exhibit traits useful for reconstructing phylogenetic relationships. Although leafhoppers (Cicadellidae) are among the largest and most economically important insect families, few comparative studies of their spermatozoa have been published. Here, the ultrastructure o ...