Jump to Main Content
- Dostalova, Simona, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2014 v.64 pp. 281-287
- DNA; DNA fragmentation; absorbance; absorption; gel electrophoresis; ions; melting point; spectroscopy; zinc
- ... We focused on interactions of Zn(II) with DNA in this study. These interactions were monitored using UV/vis spectrophotometry and gel electrophoresis. Firstly, we isolated and amplified 498bp fragment of DNA. Samples were obtained by incubation of DNA fragment with Zn(II) for 60min at 25°C. After incubation, the samples were dialyzed and analyzed immediately. In this way, DNA was converted into a ...
- Dostalova, Simona, et al. Show all 14 Authors
- FEMS microbiology letters 2014 v.351 no.2 pp. 195-201
- DNA; Staphylococcus aureus; antibacterial properties; antibiotics; bacteria; bacterial infections; genes; melting; metallothionein; microbial growth; nanoparticles; risk; selenium; silver; temperature
- ... Interactions of silver phosphate nanoparticles (SPNPs) and selenium nanoparticles (SeNPs) with Staphylococcus aureus cultures have been studied at the cellular, molecular and protein level. Significant antibacterial effects of both SPNPs and SeNPs on S. aureus were observed. At a concentration of 300 μM, SPNPs caused 37.5% inhibition of bacterial growth and SeNPs totally inhibited bacterial growth ...