Jump to Main Content
- Jong, Yuh‐Jyh, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Electrophoresis 2014 v.35 no.23 pp. 3387-3394
- capillary electrophoresis; exons; fluorescence; genes; genotyping; males; muscular dystrophy; patients; polymerase chain reaction; polymers
- ... One rapid CE method was established to diagnose Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). DMD is a severe recessive inherited disorder frequently caused by gene deletions. Among them, exons 1–20 account for nearly 30% of occurrences. In this study, the universal multiplex PCR was used to enhance the fluorescently labeling efficiency, which was performed only by one universal fluorescent primer. After PCR ...
- Jong, Yuh-Jyh, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Analytica chimica acta 2014 v.833 pp. 40-47
- DNA; analytical chemistry; capillary electrophoresis; fluorescence; fluorescent dyes; genes; high performance liquid chromatography; motor neurons; muscular atrophy; single nucleotide polymorphism
- ... This is the first ligase chain reaction used for diagnosis of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). Universal fluorescent tri-probe ligation (UFTPL), a novel strategy used for distinguishing the multi-nucleotide alternations at single base, is developed to quantitatively analyze the SMN1/SMN2 genes in diagnosis of SMA. Ligase chain reaction was performed by adding three probes including universal fluores ...