Jump to Main Content
- Kamble, Pramod N., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2014 v.74 pp. 11-20
- ammonium nitrate; carbon; forests; glucose; microbial growth; nutrients; soil; soil amendments; starch; straw
- ... Application of C-rich plant residues can change the soil system from C-limitation for microbial growth to limitation by other nutrients. However, the initial nutrient status of the soil may interact with the added amount of residues in determining limitation. We studied this interactive effect in soils from the Harvard Forest LTER, where annual addition of N since 1988 has resulted in soils with d ...
- Kamble, Pramod N., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- European journal of soil biology 2014 v.65 pp. 87-95
- bacteria; bacterial communities; carbon; community structure; electrical conductivity; fungi; microbial biomass; microbial growth; nitrogen; nutrient content; pH; phospholipid fatty acids; phosphorus; saline soils; salinity; salt tolerance; sodium chloride; straw; India
- ... pH, salinity and nutrient conditions are major determinants of microbial biomass, activity and community composition; all being hypothesized to favour bacterial over fungal activity. Soils from Pravaranagar (India), having high nutrient content and high pH (pHw 7.4–8.8), with sometimes increased salinity, were thus expected to have high bacterial/fungal ratios. Twelve soils were characterized for ...