Jump to Main Content
- Kieber, Joseph J., et al. Show all 2 Author
- The arabidopsis book 2014
- plant growth; adenine; Arabidopsis; biosynthesis; gametophytes; plant hormones; nutrient uptake; cell division; signal transduction; apical dominance; cytokinins; genes; genetic engineering; phyllotaxy; histidine kinase; receptors; embryogenesis; leaves; shoots
- ... Cytokinins are N⁶ substituted adenine derivatives that affect many aspects of plant growth and development, including cell division, shoot initiation and growth, leaf senescence, apical dominance, sink/source relationships, nutrient uptake, phyllotaxis, and vascular, gametophyte, and embryonic development, as well as the response to biotic and abiotic factors. Molecular genetic studies in Arabidop ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kieber, Joseph J, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Current opinion in plant biology 2014 v.21 pp. 7-15
- cell proliferation; cytokinins; growth and development; mitosis; models; plant growth; plant hormones; roots; shoots; stem cells
- ... The phytohormone cytokinin influences many aspects of plant growth and development, including a prominent role in the regulation of cell proliferation. How the cytokinin response pathway integrates into the machinery regulating progression through the cell cycle is only beginning to be appreciated. Cytokinin is generally considered to promote mitotic cell division in the shoot, but differentiation ...