Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Chul Sung, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2014 v.2 no.35 pp. 14371-14379
- Fischer-Tropsch reaction; catalysts; charcoal; density functional theory; iron; nanoparticles
- ... Although the reaction results of numerous iron-based Fischer–Tropsch synthesis catalysts containing various promoters have been reported, the research on their theoretical foundation is still insufficient. In the present work, highly activated K-doped χ-Fe₅C₂/charcoal nanocatalysts were designed using calculations based on density functional theory (DFT), and then prepared using a melt-infiltratio ...
- Kim, Chul Sung, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of catalysis 2014 v.317 pp. 135-143
- Fischer-Tropsch reaction; carbides; carbon dioxide; catalysts; iron; methane; synthesis gas
- ... Fischer–Tropsch synthesis (FTS) was carried out over precipitated iron-based catalysts activated by syngas (H2+CO) with different amounts of CO2 (0%, 20%, 33%, and 50%). The activation using CO2-containing syngas significantly suppressed the production of undesired products, CH4 and C2–C4 hydrocarbons, but facilitated the production of valuable products, C5+ hydrocarbons. In particular, in the cas ...