Jump to Main Content
- López‐Fernández, Hernán, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Molecular ecology notes 2014 v.14 no.4 pp. 802-811
- geographical distribution; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; tropics; bioinformatics; Oreochromis niloticus; models; phylogeny; topology; exons
- ... Cichlid fishes (family Cichlidae) are models for evolutionary and ecological research. Massively parallel sequencing approaches have been successfully applied to study relatively recent diversification in groups of African and Neotropical cichlids, but such technologies have yet to be used for addressing larger‐scale phylogenetic questions of cichlid evolution. Here, we describe a process for iden ...
- López-Fernández, Hernán, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Copeia 2014 v.2014 no.1 pp. 79-86
- Bujurquina; drainage; fins; longitude; new species; taxonomic keys; Ecuador
- ... Bujurquina pardus is described from 12 specimens collected in 1989 from the Río Danta in the upper reaches of the Río Tigre drainage in the Pastaza province of Ecuador. It is distinguished from all other Bujurquina by a pattern of small dark spots arranged in rows along its flanks. Bujurquina pardus can be further distinguished from all other Bujurquina by the combination of whitish hyaline dorsal ...
- López-Fernández, Hernán, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2014 v.81 pp. 242-257
- Serrasalmus rhombeus; rivers; Metynnis; mitochondrial DNA; fossils; Mylossoma; Colossoma; Piaractus mesopotamicus; branching; Bayesian theory; data collection; phylogeny; Myleus; mitochondria; topology; exons; Pygocentrus; introns
- ... The phylogeny of piranhas, pacus, and relatives (family Serrasalmidae) was inferred on the basis of DNA sequences from eleven gene fragments that include the mitochondrial control region plus 10 nuclear genes (two exons and eight introns). The new data were obtained for a representative sampling of 53 specimens, collected from all major South American rivers, accounting for over 40% of the valid s ...