Jump to Main Content
- Liang, Zhenxing, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Applied energy 2014 v.136 pp. 576-581
- temperature; ions; diffusivity; energy density; iron; electrochemistry; carbon electrodes; oxidation; mass transfer; solubility; bromides; batteries
- ... Low energy density resulting from the limited solubility of conventional electroactive species in electrolyte solutions has been one of the most critical barriers in the viability of redox flow batteries. Here we report a novel positive electrolyte that consists of two redox couples, viz. Fe3+/Fe2+ and Br2/Br−. It is shown that both the capacity and energy density of this positive electrolyte are, ...
- Liang, Zhenxing, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of materials chemistry A 2014 v.3 no.3 pp. 973-977
- catalysts; catalytic activity; electrochemistry; formic acid; nanoflowers; nanoparticles; nanosheets; oxidation; palladium
- ... Three-dimensional palladium nanoflowers (Pd-NF) composed of ultrathin Pd nanosheets were synthesized by a solvothermal approach. The Pd-NF catalyst shows 6.6- and 5.5-fold enhancements in mass activity and surface activity compared to normal palladium nanoparticles (Pd-NP) in the electro-oxidation of formic acid. ...