Jump to Main Content
- Netto, Flavia M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2014 v.103 pp. 55-61
- biopolymers; bubbles; drainage; egg albumen; electrostatic interactions; foaming properties; foams; pH; pectins; permeability; temperature; viscoelasticity; viscosity
- ... This study aimed at evaluating the effect of three independent variables: biopolymer concentration (egg white proteins and pectin) (2.0–4.0%, w/w); protein:pectin ratio (15:1–55:1); and temperature (70–80°C), at pH 3.0, using a central composite design on the foaming properties (overrun, drainage and bubble growth rate). Foams produced with protein:pectin ratio 15:1 showed the lowest bubble growth ...
- Netto, Flávia M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of food engineering 2014 v.122 pp. 62-67
- Amaranthus caudatus; additives; antioxidant activity; chemical precipitation; food industry; foods; free radical scavengers; methanol; phenolic compounds; pretreatment; protein concentrates; ultrafiltration; whey
- ... Antioxidant properties of different pilot-plant process streams to obtain Amaranthus mantegazzianus protein concentrates (APC) were evaluated. Conventional process (CP) (alkaline extraction and isoelectric precipitation) and two alternative processes (APs): (1) acid pre-treatment stage combined with isoelectric precipitation and (2) acid pre-treatment stage combined with ultrafiltration were appli ...