Jump to Main Content
- Pau, Stephanie, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Global ecology and biogeography 2014 v.23 no.3 pp. 286-296
- air temperature; biogeography; ecosystems; energy balance; grasses; habitats; microclimate; moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer; skin temperature; surface temperature; temperature profiles; trees; Hawaii
- ... AIM: Numerous studies have documented ecological sorting of C₃ and C₄ grasses along air temperature gradients. However, phylogenetically structured analyses suggest that closely related C₃ and C₄ grasses (in the same PACMAD clade: Panicoideae, Arundinoideae, Chloridoideae, Micrairoideae, Aristidoideae and Danthonioideae) occur in environments with similar air temperature, challenging our understan ...
- Pau, Stephanie, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Oryx 2014 v.48 no.3 pp. 337-344
- dry forests; indigenous species; species diversity; threatened species; woody plants; Fiji; Hawaii; New Caledonia
- ... To identify forests of high priority for conservation in tropical dry forests of New Caledonia, Fiji, the Marquesas and Hawaii, we examined patterns of woody plant species richness (total, native and endemic) and threatened species (IUCN categorization and density) at the stand level, using Gentry's transect method. There were associations between total, native and endemic plant species richness i ...