Jump to Main Content
- Rush, Charles M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Plant disease 2014 v.98 no.4 pp. 525-531
- Aceria tosichella; High Plains virus; Triticum mosaic virus; Wheat streak mosaic virus; autumn; crop production; cultivars; genes; genetic resistance; grazing; mites; planting date; temperature; viral load; viruses; winter wheat; Great Plains region
- ... Wheat streak mosaic virus (WSMV), Triticum mosaic virus, and Wheat mosaic virus, all vectored by the wheat curl mite Aceria tosichella Keifer, frequently cause devastating losses to winter wheat production throughout the central and western Great Plains. Resistant ‘Mace’ and ‘RonL are commercially available and contain the wsm1 and wsm2 genes, respectively, for resistance to WSMV. However, the res ...
- Rush, Charles M., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of applied remote sensing 2014 v.8 no.1 pp. 083661
- Diuraphis noxia; Triticum aestivum; crops; energy; hyperspectral imagery; insect control; insect pests; pest monitoring; plant damage; plant-insect relations; quantitative analysis; reflectance; remote sensing; winter wheat
- ... The effects of insect infestation in agricultural crops are of major ecological and economic interest because of reduced yield, increased cost of pest control and increased risk of environmental contamination from insecticide application. The Russian wheat aphid (RWA, Diuraphis noxia) is an insect pest that causes damage to wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). We proposed that concentrated RWA feeding ar ...