Jump to Main Content
- Seki, Osamu, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Progress in oceanography 2014 v.126 pp. 254-266
- basins; climate models; coasts; cold; ecology; equations; latitude; seawater; sediments; summer; temperature; Okhotsk Sea
- ... We measured TEX86 indices in surface sediments and sediment cores from marginal seas and open ocean sites in the North Pacific to test the accuracy of TEX86 paleothermometry in the region. Application of the global core top TEX86L and TEX86H calibrations in the Sea of Okhotsk and northern North Pacific sub-polar region results in over- and under-estimations of TEX86 derived SSTs in surface sedimen ...
- Seki, Osamu, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Progress in oceanography 2014 v.126 pp. 242-253
- Bacillariophyceae; biomarkers; climate; climate change; cooling; dust storms; ice; latitude; prediction; sediments; solar radiation; summer; surface water temperature; temporal variation; Bering Sea; Gobi Desert; Okhotsk Sea; Pacific Ocean
- ... Accurate prediction of future climate requires an understanding of the mechanisms of the Holocene climate; however, the driving forces, mechanisms, and processes of climate change in the Holocene associated with different time scales remain unclear. We investigated the drivers of Holocene sea surface temperature (SST) and sea ice extent in the North Pacific Ocean, and the Okhotsk and Bering Seas, ...