Jump to Main Content
- Seol, Eunhee, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Biotechnology and bioprocess engineering 2014 v.19 no.5 pp. 858-865
- 3-hydroxybutyric acid; Escherichia coli; acetic acid; acidity; bioprocess engineering; biotechnology; cell growth; culture media; equations; growth retardation; lactic acid; metabolism; pH; propionic acid; pyruvic acid; temperature; toxicity
- ... The toxic effects of 3-hydroxypropionic acid (3-HP) at high concentrations on cell growth and cellular metabolism are a great challenge to its commercial production. This study has examined and compared the toxic effects of 3-HP on cell growth with other similar weak acids, especially lactic acid, under various concentrations, temperatures and pH using Escherichia coli W as the test strain. 3-HP w ...
- Seol, Eunhee, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Biotechnology and bioprocess engineering 2014 v.19 no.6 pp. 1048-1057
- Escherichia coli; NAD (coenzyme); NADP (coenzyme); Ralstonia eutropha; adipic acid; bioprocess engineering; biotechnology; catalysts; genes; lactate dehydrogenase; lysine; magnesium; mercury; metal ions; molecular weight; nickel; pH; silver; substrate specificity
- ... Adipic acid is an important monomer for the production of nylon-6,6 polyamide. One novel biological route for the synthesis of adipic acid, which combines the lysine synthetic pathway and glutaconic acid production pathway, has been suggested, but this route has suffered from the lack of an efficient 2-oxoadipate reductase connecting the two pathways or converting 2-oxoadipate to 2-hydroxyadipate. ...