Jump to Main Content
- Shin, E-Hyun, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Ticks and tick-borne diseases 2014 v.5 no.6 pp. 975-977
- Haemaphysalis longicornis; females; fever; genes; larvae; males; nucleotide sequences; nymphs; thrombocytopenia; tick-borne diseases; ticks; viruses; South Korea
- ... Haemaphysalis longicornis a vector that harbors severe fever with thrombocytopenia syndrome virus (SFTSV) is a major species of tick in South Korea. To investigate the existence and prevalence of SFTSV in Korea, we collected ticks from nine provinces in South Korea for detecting SFTSV. In all, we collected 13,053 ticks, and H. longicornis (90.8%, 11,856/13,053) was the most abundant among them. Th ...
- Shin, E-hyun, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Parasites & vectors 2014 v.7 no.1 pp. 279
- Leptotrombidium; Orientia tsutsugamushi; chiggers; evolution; flow cytometry; genome; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reliability; scrub typhus; vector competence
- ... BACKGROUND: Leptotrombidium pallidum and Leptotrombidium scutellare are the major vector mites for Orientia tsutsugamushi, the causative agent of scrub typhus. Before these organisms can be subjected to whole-genome sequencing, it is necessary to estimate their genome sizes to obtain basic information for establishing the strategies that should be used for genome sequencing and assembly. METHOD: T ...
- PubMed Central: