Jump to Main Content
- Vanclooster, M., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2014 v.77 pp. 187-196
- carbon dioxide; mineralization; soil organic carbon; soil water content; landscapes; regression analysis; environmental factors; soil water; water content; loess; temperature; land use; climate
- ... The integration of hydrologic, geomorphic and biogeochemical approaches is required to determine organic carbon (OC) persistence and dynamics within landscapes. Here, we studied the persistence of OC along an eroding hillslope using soil in situ surface heterotrophic respiration measurement as an indicator. Along this topographical gradient, we quantified the space-time distribution of soil water ...
- Vanclooster, M., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Geoderma 2014 v.216 pp. 36-47
- aluminum; biochemical pathways; biodegradation; carbon dioxide; cesium; environmental factors; eroded soils; hills; iron; loess; loess soils; mineral soils; mineralization; oxalates; radionuclides; silicon; sodium hypochlorite; soil erosion; soil formation; soil horizons; soil minerals; soil organic carbon; soil profiles; Belgium
- ... At the scale of hillslopes, a detailed mechanistic understanding of the processes controlling OC stabilization is still lacking. Here, we aimed to study the impact of geomorphic and pedogenic processes on the distribution of OC quality (ability of OC to release carbon dioxide through metabolic pathways) along an agricultural hillslope in the Belgian loess belt. We collected soil cores at four topo ...