Jump to Main Content
- Wünschmann, A., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- DNA; animal pathology; atrophy; cats; cerebellum; cytoplasmic inclusions; discoloration; genes; mutation; necropsy; neuroglia; neurons
- ... Three young domestic shorthair cats were presented for necropsy with similar histories of slowly progressive visual dysfunction and neurologic deficits. Macroscopic examination of each cat revealed cerebral and cerebellar atrophy, dilated lateral ventricles, and slight brown discoloration of the gray matter. Histologically, there was bilateral loss of neurons within the limbic, motor, somatosensor ...
- Wünschmann, A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2014 v.28 no.2 pp. 331-337
- ascites; blood; death; diarrhea; discriminant analysis; dogs; females; gastrointestinal system; glucocorticoids; growth retardation; histopathology; males; medicine; remission; retrospective studies; terriers; urea nitrogen; vomiting
- ... BACKGROUND: A poorly understood protein‐losing enteropathy (PLE) disorder has been reported in Yorkshire Terrier dogs. OBJECTIVES: To describe clinical features, intestinal histopathology, and outcome in Yorkshire Terrier dogs with PLE, and to identify variables predictive of outcome. ANIMALS: Thirty client‐owned Yorkshire Terrier dogs with PLE. METHODS: Retrospective study. Records of dogs with a ...
- PubMed Central: