Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Yanchun, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Mammalian biology = 2014 v.79 no.4 pp. 247-253
- geographical distribution; haplotypes; Palearctic region; mitochondrial DNA; squirrels; Sciurus vulgaris; phylogeny; nucleotide sequences; coasts; cytochrome b; genetic variation; phylogeography; Eastern European region; Italy; Western European region; Russia; United Kingdom; China
- ... The geographical distribution of Sciurus vulgaris spans much of the Palearctic from western Europe and the UK eastward to the pacific coast of East Asia. S. vulgaris occurs in China only in the far northwest and the northeast. Understanding of the species’ postglacial expansion history in East Asia has been limited by the paucity of molecular data. In this study, we used partial D-loop and cytochr ...
- Xu, Yanchun, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Molecular phylogenetics and evolution 2014 v.80 pp. 156-164
- Gulo gulo; Martes; divergent evolution; fossils; mitochondria; mitochondrial genome; monophyly
- ... Despite recent advances in understanding the pattern and timescale of evolutionary diversification in the marten, wolverine, fisher, and tayra subfamily Guloninae (Mustelidae, Carnivora), several important issues still remain contentious. Among these are the phylogenetic position of Gulo relative to the subgenera of Martes (Martes and Charronia), the phylogenetic relationships within the subgenus ...