Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Jeongsik; Kim, Jin Hee; Richards, Eric J.; Chung, Kyung Min; Woo, Hye Ryun
- Molecular plant 2014 v.7 no.9 pp. 1470-1485
- chromocenters, etc ; Arabidopsis; DNA; DNA methylation; animals; epigenetics; gene silencing; genes; heterochromatin; histones; mutants; plants (botany); transcription (genetics); transcriptomics; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Methylcytosine-binding proteins containing SRA (SET- and RING-Associated) domain are required for the establishment and/or maintenance of DNA methylation in both plants and animals. We previously proposed that Arabidopsis VIM/ORTH proteins with an SRA domain maintain DNA methylation and epigenetic gene silencing in heterochromatic regions. However, their endogenous targets of epigenetic gene silen ...
- PubMed Central:
- Villar, Silvia; Martínez, Sergio; Novello, Alvaro
- Caryologia 2014 v.67 no.2 pp. 178-184
- chromocenters, etc ; DNA; Robertsonian translocation; Rodentia; chromosome banding; genes; karyotyping; linkage groups; mammals; meiosis; pachytene stage; tropics; Uruguay; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... The genus Ctenomys present a wide 2 n and fundamental number (FN) variation in Uruguay and throughout their distribution across the south of the Neotropical region. In this study we analyze chromosome variation of this genus in Uruguay using G and C bands. G-band comparison makes clear that this chromosome variation is reduced if we take into account entire chromosomes and chromosome arms homologi ...
- Doniak, Magdalena; Barciszewska, Mirosława Z.; Kaźmierczak, Joanna; Kaźmierczak, Andrzej
- Plant cell reports 2014 v.33 no.12 pp. 2063-2076
- chromocenters, etc ; seedlings; vacuoles; cytosol; phosphotransferases (kinases); phosphorylation; epigenetics; histones; fluorescence; DNA; apoptosis; cortex; kinetin; calcium; adenosine triphosphate; nuclear genome; nucleases; acidification; DNA methylation; ions; zinc; chromatin; death; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... KEY MESSAGE : Kinetin-induced programmed cell death, manifested by condensation, degradation and methylation of DNA and fluctuation of kinase activities and ATP levels, is an autolytic and root cortex cell-specific process. The last step of programmed cell death (PCD) induced by kinetin in the root cortex of V. faba ssp. minor seedlings was explained using morphologic (nuclear chromatin/aggregatio ...