Jump to Main Content
- Ceccone, G., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- Carbohydrate polymers 2014 v.110 pp. 238-252
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; antibiotics; atomic force microscopy; bioassays; ciprofloxacin; contact angle; drug delivery systems; drugs; medicine; polymerization; polymers; porous media; prednisolone; scanning electron microscopy; silicon; titration
- ... One of the main applications of porous silicon (PSi) in biomedicine is drug release, either as a single material or as a part of a composite. PSi composites are attractive candidates for drug delivery systems because they can display new chemical and physical characteristics, which are not exhibited by the individual constituents alone. Since cyclodextrin-based polymers have been proven efficient ...
- Ceccone, Giacomo, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of materials science 2014 v.49 no.13 pp. 4481-4489
- coatings; coculture; culture media; encapsulation; engineering; gold; polystyrenes; toluene
- ... In this study, we develop a new concept for multiplexed and localized cell co-culture. This cell chip consists of a polystyrene spin-coated solid support bearing gold-bottomed microwells. The cell-chip support is fabricated as follows: (i) electrosputtering of a thin layer of gold (40 nm) onto a polycarbonate substrate, (ii) spin coating of a polystyrene thin film (500 ± 50 nm) over the gold layer ...