Jump to Main Content
- Braun, LaToya Jones, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Vaccine 2014 v.32 no.30 pp. 3765-3771
- adjuvants; adsorption; fluorescence; freezing; hepatitis B; hepatitis B antigens; immune response; immunoglobulin G; in vivo studies; particle size; vaccines; zeta potential
- ... Preventing losses in vaccine potency due to accidental freezing has recently become a topic of interest for improving vaccines. All vaccines with aluminum-containing adjuvants are susceptible to such potency losses. Recent studies have described excipients that protect the antigen from freeze-induced inactivation, prevent adjuvant agglomeration and retain potency. Although these strategies have de ...
- Butler, LaToya, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Gene 2014 v.552 pp. 116-125
- Daphnia magna; Daphnia pulex; energy metabolism; genes; phylogeny; physiological response; receptors; resource allocation; transcription factors
- ... Most nuclear receptors (NRs) are ligand-dependent transcription factors crucial in homeostatic physiological responses or environmental responses. We annotated the Daphnia magna NRs and compared them to Daphnia pulex and other species, primarily through phylogenetic analysis. Daphnia species contain 26 NRs spanning all seven gene subfamilies. Thirteen of the 26 receptors found in Daphnia species p ...
- PubMed Central: