Jump to Main Content
- Guo Jian-Ying; Wu Gang; Wan Fang-Hao
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1379-1385
- Bemisia tabaci; cotton; cryptic species; cultivars; fecundity; females; gossypol; insect pests; integrated pest management; life history; pest control; population growth; survival rate
- ... Use of plant secondary metabolic compounds is an important method for insect pest control. In this study, the survival, development, and reproduction of Bemisia tabaci (Gennadius) (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) MEAM1 cryptic species were compared over two consecutive generations on three cotton cultivars of different gossypol levels. Both cotton cultivar and generation significantly affected the fitness ...
- K.B. Rebijith; R. Asokan; N.K. Krishna Kumar; V. Krishna; B.N. Chaitanya; V.V. Ramamurthy
- Bulletin of entomological research 2013 v.103 no.5 pp. 601-610
- pest management; Hyperomyzus; insect pests; morphs; parthenogenesis; DNA barcoding; Brachycaudus helichrysi; cytochrome-c oxidase; Brevicoryne brassicae; color; genes; biological control; India
- ... Rapid, precise and timely identification of invasive pest insects such as aphids is important and a challenge worldwide due to their complex life cycles, parthenogenetic reproduction, sex and colour morphs. In this respect, DNA barcoding employing a 658 bp fragment of 5′ region of the mitochondrial cytochrome oxidase I (CO-I) gene is an effective tool in addressing the above. In the present study, ...