Jump to Main Content
- Barman Apurba K.; Parajulee Megha N.
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1209-1217
- Gossypium hirsutum; Lygus hesperus; bolls; cotton; fiber quality; fruit set; insecticides; insects; irrigation; lint yield; plant damage; rearing; Texas
- ... A 3-yr field study quantified the compensatory ability of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) to preflower fruit damage by Lygus hesperus Knight in the Texas High Plains under limited irrigation. Experiments were designed to achieve varying levels of preflower fruit loss by augmenting Lygus bug populations using nymphal bugs reared in a laboratory colony. Treatments included 1) three bugs per plant (3P ...
- Brewer Michael J.; Armstrong J. Scott; Parker Roy D.
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1310-1316
- Creontiades; Gossypium hirsutum; bolls; cotton; cultivars; insects; models; pest monitoring; plant damage; plant response; regression analysis; Texas
- ... The ability to monitor verde plant bug, Creontiades signatus Distant (Hemiptera: Miridae), and the progression of cotton, Gossypium hirsutum L., boll responses to feeding and associated cotton boll rot provided opportunity to assess if single in-season measurements had value in evaluating at-harvest damage to bolls and if multiple in-season measurements enhanced their combined use. One in-season v ...