Jump to Main Content
- Lemańczyk, Grzegorz; Kwaśna, Hanna
- European journal of plant pathology 2013 v.135 no.1 pp. 187-200
- Alternaria alternata; Rhizoctonia cerealis; crops; falling number; fungi; gluten; grain protein; grain yield; shoots; stems; winter wheat; Poland
- ... Sharp eyespot caused by Rhizoctonia cerealis was assessed in four winter wheat crops surveyed at four locations in north-central Poland in 2006–2009. At the four locations symptoms developed on 41.9–67.7 % of shoots of all plants (average of 4 years) and on 49–73.5 % of shoots of diseased plants (average of 4 years). Slight (category 1) disease was most frequent, occurring on 24.4–41.3 % of shoots ...
- Bollig, Katharina; Specht, André; Myint, San Shwe; Zahn, Marc; Horst, Walter J.
- European journal of plant pathology 2013 v.135 no.1 pp. 81-96
- Verticillium dahliae; crops; defense mechanisms; fungi; genotype; glutathione; leaves; metabolites; nutrition; phloem; photosynthesis; root growth; sap; shoots; sulfur; tomatoes; vascular wilt; wilting
- ... Vascular wilt caused by the soil-borne fungus Verticillium dahliae is a major yield and quality-limiting disease across a broad spectrum of crop plants worldwide. Sulphur-enhanced plant defence mechanisms provide an opportunity to effectively and environmentally safely constrain the wilt disease levels in planta. To evaluate the influence of sulphur nutrition on the protective potential of these m ...