Jump to Main Content
- Yin, Huajun; Xiao, Juan; Li, Yufei; Chen, Zhi; Cheng, Xinying; Zhao, Chunzhang; Liu, Qing
- Agricultural and forest meteorology 2013 v.180 pp. 287-296
- Picea asperata; carbon; carbon dioxide; exudation; global warming; infrared heaters; roots; soil; soil organic matter; soil respiration; trees; uncertainty analysis
- ... Root and rhizosphere processes contribute significantly to soil carbon (C) fluxes, yet mechanism by which they do are not well understood. One of the contributing factors to this uncertainty is the lack of understanding about the role of root-derived labile C inputs in influencing soil organic matter (SOM) decomposition. We conducted an experiment to compare the pure impacts of two coniferous spec ...
- Hoshika, Yasutomo; Pecori, Francesco; Conese, Ilaria; Bardelli, Tommaso; Marchi, Enrico; Manning, William J.; Badea, Ovidiu; Paoletti, Elena
- Environmental pollution 2013 v.180 pp. 299-303
- Populus; biomass; branches; carbon; dry matter partitioning; leaves; ozone; protective effect; trees
- ... We examined the effect of ambient ozone on visible foliar injury, growth and biomass in field-grown poplar cuttings of an Oxford clone sensitive to ozone (Populus maximoviczii Henry × berolinensis Dippel) irrigated with ethylenediurea (EDU) or water for three years. EDU is used as an ozone protectant for plants. Protective effects of EDU on ozone visible injury were found. As a result, poplar tree ...