Jump to Main Content
- Guo, Lingling
- ISPRS international journal of geo-information 2013 v.2 no.1 pp. 82-93
- case studies; computer software; data collection; geographic information systems; geography; issues and policy; spatial data; United States
- ... The National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI) is defined as the technologies, policies and people necessary to promote sharing of geospatial data throughout all levels of government, the private and non-profit sectors and the academic community. The US Census Bureau is the federal agency lead for administrative units data, one of the seven data themes identified by the NSDI framework. The admini ...
- Mock, Nancy; Morrow, Nathan; Papendieck, Adam
- Global food security 2013 v.2 no.1 pp. 41-49
- communications technology; data collection; decision making; food security; household surveys; issues and policy; nutrition
- ... Food and Nutrition Security Information (FNSI) is a critical tool for achieving food and nutrition security, yet FNSI efforts to date have not produced the intended impacts on policy and program decision making, largely due to shortcomings in available technologies and frameworks. The article reviews the evolution of FNSI efforts in the context of emerging technology and data collection techniques ...