Jump to Main Content
- Menaceur, Fouad; Benchabane, Ahmed; Hazzit, Mohamed; Baaliouamer, Aoumeur
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2013 v.3 no.1 pp. 87-96
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Juniperus phoenicea; alpha-pinene; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; butylated hydroxytoluene; chemical composition; essential oils; ethanol; gallic acid; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hydrodistillation; leaves; microwave treatment; quercetin; small fruits; solvents
- ... Essential oils of Algerian Juniperus phoenicea L. obtained from leaves and berries by hydrodistillation (HD) and from berries by Solvent Free Microwave Assisted Extraction (SFMAE) were investigated using both capillary GC and GC-MS techniques. The monoterpene hydrocarbons constituted the most prominent group of constituents (43.2-86.5 %) in the three essential oils with α-pinene (34.4-80.8 %) as t ...
- Juedtz, Karin; Aberdein, Nicola; Stewart, Derek; McDougall, Gordon J.
- Journal of berry research 2013 v.3 no.1 pp. 53-64
- European Union; anthocyanidins; anthocyanins; antioxidants; black currants; enzymes; ethanol; flavor; glucosides; juices; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; methanol; polyphenols; pomace; washing
- ... BACKGROUND: Annually, the EU processes ~750 000 M tonnes of black currants to juice with a substantial production of waste material. This pomace is currently disposed but could be exploited as a source of polyphenol antioxidants, bioactive components and flavour components. OBJECTIVE: This study investigates the amount and composition of polyphenol components extractable from black currant residue ...