Jump to Main Content
- Abdulla-Al-Mamun, Md.; Kusumoto, Yoshihumi; Zannat, Tohfatul; Horie, Yuji; Manaka, Hirotaka
- RSC advances 2013 v.3 no.21 pp. 7816-7827
- X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; absorption; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; ferrous chloride; fever; gold; image analysis; iron; iron oxides; magnetic fields; magnetic properties; nanoparticles; neoplasm cells; neoplasms; nitrates; photoirradiation; scanning electron microscopy; surface plasmon resonance; transmission electron microscopy; ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy
- ... Magnetic nanocubes, with a controlled precursor molar concentration of ferric nitrate fixed at 0.004 M to ferrous chloride ranging from 0.002 to 0.01 M, were synthesized by a new simple colloidal method at 60 °C under 1 M alkaline condition. The metallic Au-ultrathin layer was successfully functionalized on the magnetic nanocubes surface for the fabrication of the core–shell structure (Fe₃O₄@Au) b ...
- Horzum, Nesrin; Demir, Mustafa M.; Nairat, Muath; Shahwan, Talal
- RSC advances 2013 v.3 no.21 pp. 7828-7837
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; aqueous solutions; arsenates; arsenic; arsenites; atomic absorption spectrometry; chemical reduction; chitosan; ferric chloride; ions; iron; nanoparticles; oxidation; pH; scanning electron microscopy; sodium borohydride; sorbents; sorption; thermogravimetry
- ... This study proposes a new sorbent for the removal of inorganic arsenic from aqueous solutions. Monodispersed nano zero-valent iron (nZVI) particles were nucleated at the surface of electrospun chitosan fibers (average fiber diameter of 195 ± 50 nm) by liquid phase reduction of FeCl₃ using NaBH₄. The material was characterized using SEM, TGA, XPS, XRD, and FTIR. The diameter of iron nanoparticles w ...