Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Wei; Lin, Lijuan; Wei, Wei; Jin, Hong; Li, Jinghong; Guo, Lin
- RSC advances 2013 v.3 no.21 pp. 7933-7937
- carbon; combustion; electrochemistry; ferric oxide; iron; lithium batteries; nanocrystals; photocatalysis; transmission electron microscopy
- ... A simple combustion method was used to synthesize stable network-like nanostructures. Take two kinds of iron oxides for example. The Fe₂O₃ network nanocrystal with an average diameter of 50 nm composed of Fe grains ∼5–10 nm in diameter was firstly obtained. It showed an enhanced photocatalysis and cycle stability (∼50% after 4 cycles) compared with the commercial NPs (only 24% after 3 cycles) in t ...
- Balach, Juan; Wu, Haiping; Polzer, Frank; Kirmse, Holm; Zhao, Qiang; Wei, Zhixiang; Yuan, Jiayin
- RSC advances 2013 v.3 no.21 pp. 7979-7986
- anodes; carbon; carbonization; ferric oxide; ionic liquids; iron; lithium batteries; nanoparticles; nitrates; nitrogen content; particle size; silica
- ... Porous nitrogen-doped hollow carbon spheres (NHCSs) with tailored particle size, nitrogen content and wall thickness were prepared by grafting a thin layer of poly(ionic liquid) as carbon precursor onto silica particle surface followed by carbonization and template removal. In the next step, Fe₂O₃ nanoparticles were anchored onto the NHCSs via an impregnation-thermal decomposition route using Fe(N ...