Jump to Main Content
- Xu, Mei-Rong; Huang, Li-Yu; Zhang, Fan; Zhu, Ling-Hua; Zhou, Yong-Li; Li, Zhi-Kang
- Plant molecular biology reporter 2013 v.31 no.4 pp. 877-885
- Oryza sativa; Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzicola; cultivars; cytoplasm; gene expression regulation; genes; mitogen-activated protein kinase; phylogeny; proteins; rice; signal transduction
- ... All members of the SnRK2 protein kinase gene family encoded by the rice (Oryza sativa L.) genome are activated by hyperosmotic stress, and have been designated as stress-activated protein kinases (SAPKs). In this study, gene structures, phylogeny, and conserved motifs for the entire OsSAPK gene family in rice have been analyzed. Moreover, expression patterns of OsSAPK in response to infection with ...
- Kantama, Laksana; Junbuathong, Supaporn; Sakulkoo, Janejira; de Jong, Hans; Apisitwanich, Somsak
- Molecular breeding 2013 v.31 no.4 pp. 815-827
- DNA methylation; amplified fragment length polymorphism; breeding; cultivars; epigenetics; gene expression regulation; genetic background; genetic distance; genetic relationships; genome; germplasm; hybrids; phenotype; phenotypic plasticity; rice; stochastic processes; transposons
- ... Inter- or intraspecific hybridization is the first step in transferring exogenous traits to the germplasm of a recipient crop. One of the complicating factors is the occurrence of epigenetic modifications of the hybrids, which in turn can change their gene expression and phenotype. In this study we present an analysis of epigenome changes in rice hybrids that were obtained by crossing rice cultiva ...