Jump to Main Content
- Lynch, James T.; Cockerill, Mark J.; Hitchin, James R.; Wiseman, Daniel H.; Somervaille, Tim C.P.
- Analytical biochemistry 2013 v.442 no.1 pp. 104-106
- biomarkers; dose response; enzyme inhibition; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; flow cytometry; gene expression regulation; histones; humans; myeloid leukemia; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; screening; transcriptomics
- ... There is a lack of rapid cell-based assays that read out enzymatic inhibition of the histone demethylase LSD1 (lysine-specific demethylase 1). Through transcriptome analysis of human acute myeloid leukemia THP1 cells treated with a tranylcypromine-derivative inhibitor of LSD1 active in the low nanomolar range, we identified the cell surface marker CD86 as a sensitive surrogate biomarker of LSD1 in ...
- Zhen, Eugene Y.; Higgs, Richard E.; Gutierrez, Jesus A.
- Analytical biochemistry 2013 v.442 no.1 pp. 1-9
- biomarkers; cation exchange; detection limit; heart failure; humans; immunoassays; mass spectrometry; pH; peptides; volunteers
- ... Apelin is emerging as an important hormone regulator of cardiovascular homoeostasis and an important biomarker for heart failure. Apelin concentrations have historically been measured by immunoassays; however, reported apelin concentrations measured in healthy volunteers show a large disparity from a few picograms per milliliter (pg/ml) to several nanograms per milliliter (ng/ml). Apelin exists in ...