Jump to Main Content
- Behrendt, K.; Scott, J. M.; Mackay, D. F.; Murison, R.
- Animal production science 2013 v.53 no.8 pp. 658-669
- climatic factors; confidence interval; farming systems; field experimentation; grazing management; livestock production; management systems; pastures; plant available water; profitability; rain; rotational grazing; simulation models; soil fertility; soil nutrients; temperature; water holding capacity; New South Wales
- ... Farming systems research conducted under dryland conditions is subject to the vagaries of the climate during the experimental period. Whether such an experiment experiences a representative series of climatic years must be examined in relation to the longer term climatic record. The Cicerone Project’s farmlet experiment was conducted on the Northern Tablelands of New South Wales, Australia, to inv ...
- Donald, G. E.; Scott, J. M.; Vickery, P. J.
- Animal production science 2013 v.53 no.8 pp. 699-710
- Landsat; botanical composition; climate; farming systems; farms; forage; grasses; grazing management; image analysis; legumes; pastures; rain; rotational grazing; soil fertility; soil water; sowing; spring; temperature; vegetation; New South Wales
- ... Satellite imagery was used to assess differences between three treatments in a grazing enterprise systems study of three 53-ha farmlets on the Northern Tablelands of New South Wales, Australia. The study involved a comparison between a typical control farmlet (B) with one with higher levels of sown pasture and soil fertility (A) and one employing intensive rotational grazing (C). Landsat thematic ...