Jump to Main Content
- Pacheco, Aldo S.; Uribe, Roberto A.; Thiel, Martin; Oliva, Marcelo E.; Riascos, Jose M.
- Journal of sea research 2013 v.77 pp. 79-92
- bedload; benthic organisms; coasts; energy; exoskeleton; habitats; invertebrates; macroalgae; migratory behavior; postlarvae; sediments; swimming; traps; Chile
- ... Post-larval dispersal along the sediment–water interface is an important process in the dynamics of macrobenthic populations and communities in marine sublittoral sediments. However, the modes of post-larval dispersal in low energy sublittoral habitats have been poorly documented. Herein we examined the specific dispersal mechanisms (diel vertical migration, water column, and bedload transport) an ...
- Marohn, Lasse; Jakob, Eva; Hanel, Reinhold
- Journal of sea research 2013 v.77 pp. 100-106
- catadromous fish; eel; Anguillicoloides crassus; strontium; body length; anthropogenic activities; Anguilla anguilla; inland waters; otoliths; migratory behavior; freshwater; muscles; calcium; decline; larvae; coastal water; lipid content; swim bladder; spawning; latitude; habitats; Baltic Sea; North Sea
- ... European eel (Anguilla anguilla) recruitment is declining dramatically since the 1980s. Causes for this decline are explained by a combination of environmental changes basically affecting oceanic larval stages and a variety of anthropogenic impacts during the continental phase. Today, evidence is growing that poor silver eel quality has a major impact on reproductive success, implying that habitat ...