Jump to Main Content
- Trumble, John T., et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of insect behavior 2013 v.26 no.3 pp. 336-351
- Bactericera cockerelli; Hemiptera; Mentha piperita nothosubsp. piperita; Triozidae; adults; clove oil; longevity; oils; residual effects; savory; tea; thyme; trees; wood
- ... The behavioral responses of the potato psyllid, Bactericera cockerelli (Sulc) to dimethyl disulfide (DMDS) and to 12 plant essential oils were examined in a glass Y-tube olfactometer. DMDS at doses of 0.5, 1, 2 and 5 g showed a significant repellent effect on the psyllids. Cedar wood, lime, savory, thyme and tea tree oils significantly repelled adults over a wide range of doses tested (1, 10, 100, ...
- Trumble, John T, et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Pest management science 2013 v.69 no.10 pp. 1131-1135
- Bactericera cockerelli; Candidatus Liberibacter; Capsicum annuum; Hemiptera; Triozidae; adults; crops; eggs; insect pests; leaves; nymphs; pepper; potatoes; sweet peppers
- ... BACKGROUND: Potato psyllids (Bactericera cockerelli Sulc) are a pest on solanaceous crop plants, including bell peppers. Potato psyllids vector Candidatus Liberibacter psyllaurous, but bell peppers (Capsicum annum L.) do not exhibit symptoms from infection. Potato psyllids show variation in spatial patterns and host choice with cultivar and plant species. Consequently, a study of spatial distribut ...
- Trumble, John T., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Crop protection 2013 v.54 pp. 84-91
- Bactericera cockerelli; Candidatus Liberibacter; Hemiptera; Triozidae; application methods; application timing; bacteria; crops; imidacloprid; irrigation; pathogens; peppers; pests; potatoes; rain; thiamethoxam; tomatoes; Texas
- ... Bactericera cockerelli is a pest on multiple solanaceous crop plants and is the sole vector for the bacteria Candidatus Liberibacter psyllaurous. When the pathogen is present, feeding by these psyllids results in ‘vein greening’ disease in peppers and tomatoes, and “zebra chip” disease in potatoes. Currently, management is based entirely on the application of pesticides, including two neonicotinoi ...