Jump to Main Content
- Brewer Michael J.; Armstrong J. Scott; Parker Roy D.
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1310-1316
- Creontiades; Gossypium hirsutum; bolls; cotton; cultivars; insects; models; pest monitoring; plant damage; plant response; regression analysis; Texas
- ... The ability to monitor verde plant bug, Creontiades signatus Distant (Hemiptera: Miridae), and the progression of cotton, Gossypium hirsutum L., boll responses to feeding and associated cotton boll rot provided opportunity to assess if single in-season measurements had value in evaluating at-harvest damage to bolls and if multiple in-season measurements enhanced their combined use. One in-season v ...
- Pierre Jean Silvie; Alain Renou; Samuel Vodounnon; Gustave Bonni; Moïse Obayomi Adegnika; Omer Héma; Patrick Prudent; Julie Sorèze; Germain Ochou Ochou; Mamoutou Togola; Djibril Badiane; Abdoulaye Ndour; Pikassalé Komlan Akantetou; Bassarou Ayeva; Thierry Brévault
- Crop protection 2013 v.43 pp. 157-165
- Aphis gossypii; Diparopsis; Earias insulana; Gossypium hirsutum; Helicoverpa armigera; Polyphagotarsonemus latus; Thaumatotibia; bolls; cotton; insect larvae; insecticides; mites; pest control; pest monitoring; pesticide application; pests; plant protection; Benin; Burkina Faso; Cameroon; Cote d'Ivoire; Mali; Senegal
- ... In the late 1980s, after a long period during which insecticides were sprayed at preset dates to control cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) pests and their damage, some French-speaking countries in sub-Saharan areas decided to disseminate a special form of crop protection approach among smallholders, i.e. targeted staggered control (LEC, for Lutte étagée ciblée). According to this approach, decisions ...