Jump to Main Content
- Megan Sheahan; Roy Black; T.S. Jayne
- Food policy 2013 v.41 pp. 39-52
- corn; farmers; fertilizer rates; mineral fertilizers; nitrogen; profitability; research planning; surveys; Kenya
- ... It is widely perceived that African farmers are under-utilizing inorganic fertilizer. However, very little long-term evidence from farmers’ fields, accounting for variations in agro-ecological conditions, has been assembled to back this claim or determine the conditions under which it is true. Using five waves of nationwide household survey data from Kenya covering 13years, we estimate the relativ ...
- J. Kihara; S. Njoroge
- Field crops research 2013 v.150 pp. 1-8
- best management practices; continuous systems; crop production; cropping systems; environmental management; farms; fertilizer rates; grains; management systems; nitrogen fertilizers; phosphorus; potassium; profitability; Kenya
- ... Phosphorus (P) is facing a quantity and quality supply issue and increasing its use efficiency is important for its continued use and profitability in crop production. The objective of this study was to determine how agronomic efficiency of P (PAE) in different environments and management systems in western Kenya is affected by N application, inherent soil fertility and organic resources. We used ...