Jump to Main Content
- Lenz, Michael; Kard, Brad; Creffield, James W.; Evans, Theodore A.; Brown, Kenneth S.; Freytag, Edward D.; Zhong, Jun-Hong; Lee, Chow-Yang; Yeoh, Boon-Hoi; Yoshimura, Tsuyoshi; Tsunoda, Kunio; Vongkaluang, Charunee; Sornnuwat, Yupaporn; Roland, Ted A.; Santi, Marie Pommier De
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1395-1403
- Coptotermes formosanus, etc ; Coptotermes acinaciformis; Coptotermes gestroi; Mastotermes darwiniensis; Reticulitermes flavipes; fauna; plastics; subterranean termites; Australia; China; Japan; Malaysia; Thailand; United States; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... A comparative field study was conducted to evaluate the ability of subterranean termites to damage a set of four different plastic materials (cable sheathings) exposed below- and above-ground. Eight pest species from six countries were included, viz., Coptotermes formosanus (Shiraki) in China, Japan, and the United States; Coptotermes gestroi (Wasmann) in Thailand and Malaysia; Coptotermes curvign ...
- Hamm, Ronda L; DeMark, Joseph J; Chin‐Heady, Eva; Tolley, Mike P
- Pest management science 2013 v.69 no.4 pp. 507-511
- Coptotermes formosanus, etc ; Heterotermes; Reticulitermes flavipes; active ingredients; cellulose; durability; insecticidal properties; palatability; subterranean termites; survival rate; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: A novel durable termite bait was developed to enable continuous bait availability and lengthen the monitoring interval to 1 year. Laboratory studies were conducted to determine the palatability and insecticidal activity of this bait to Reticulitermes flavipes (Kollar), R. virginicus (Banks), R. hesperus Banks, Coptotermes formosanus Shiraki and Heterotermes aureus (Synder). RESULTS: Co ...