Jump to Main Content
- Matthew Geary; Alan H. Fielding; Stuart J. Marsden; Lluis Brotons
- Ibis 2013 v.155 no.4 pp. 792-803
- grouse, etc ; Lyrurus tetrix; forestry; habitats; heathlands; humans; landowners; landscapes; models; Scotland; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... habitat types, plus elevation and habitat richness associated with the presence of leks of Black Grouse Tetrao tetrix within an 800‐km²study area in Perthshire, Scotland. We repeated the analysis at several radii (0.2–3 km) to assess how the importance of different habitats changed with proximity to lek and scale. We then examined habitat features or combinations of features that were associated ...
- Patrick J.C. White; Philip Warren; David Baines
- Forest ecology and management 2013 v.308 pp. 145-152
- grouse, etc ; Tetrao; agricultural land; forest habitats; forestry; forests; heathlands; issues and policy; planting; treeline; Scotland; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Increasing forest cover has been the policy of various countries in recent decades. The Scottish government aims to increase national forest cover from 18% to 25% by 2050. Mid-altitude upland areas above farmland and below the natural tree line will be targeted for planting, which could impact black grouse Tetrao tetrix, a species of conservation concern which is most abundant in this zone. We ...