Jump to Main Content
- Geary, Matthew; Fielding, Alan H.; Marsden, Stuart J.; Brotons, Lluis
- Ibis 2013 v.155 no.4 pp. 792-803
- grouse, etc ; Lyrurus tetrix; forestry; habitats; heathlands; humans; landowners; landscapes; models; Scotland; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... With increasing pressures on land for human use, it is important to identify the habitat requirements of key species, not just in terms of a correlation with a given habitat feature, but also the relationship between species presence and its coverage, proximity to other habitat types, and importance at different spatial scales. We used maximum entropy to estimate the optimal proportions of 18 habi ...
- White, Patrick J.C.; Warren, Philip; Baines, David
- Forest ecology and management 2013 v.308 pp. 145-152
- grouse, etc ; Tetrao; agricultural land; forest habitats; forestry; forests; heathlands; issues and policy; planting; treeline; Scotland; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Increasing forest cover has been the policy of various countries in recent decades. The Scottish government aims to increase national forest cover from 18% to 25% by 2050. Mid-altitude upland areas above farmland and below the natural tree line will be targeted for planting, which could impact black grouse Tetrao tetrix, a species of conservation concern which is most abundant in this zone. We use ...