Jump to Main Content
- Zuo, Xiaobing, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of Molecular Biology 2013 v.425 pp. 4820-4836
- DNA; DNA replication; DNA-directed DNA polymerase; Sulfolobus solfataricus; X-radiation; adenosine triphosphate; dissociation; energy transfer; fluorescence; hydrolysis; models; proliferating cell nuclear antigen
- ... The assembly and enzymatic ability of the replication DNA polymerase holoenzyme from Sulfolobus solfataricus (Sso) was investigated using presteady-state fluorescence resonance energy transfer assays coupled with functional and structural studies. Kinetic experiments reveal that ATP binding to replication factor C (RFC) is sufficient for loading the heterotrimeric PCNA123 [proliferating cell nucle ...
- Zuo, Xiaobing, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Langmuir 2013 v.29 no.41 pp. 12777-12784
- Tobacco mosaic virus; X-radiation; aqueous solutions; bacteriophages; entropy; methylcellulose; nanoparticles; polymers; sodium chloride; temperature; transmission electron microscopy
- ... Rodlike tobacco mosaic virus (TMV) has been found to assemble into superlattices in aqueous solution using the polymer methylcellulose to induce depletion and free volume entropy-based attractive forces. Both transmission electron microscopy and small-angle X-ray scattering show that the superlattices form in both semidilute and concentrated regimes of polymer, where the free volume entropy and th ...