Main content area
You searched for: Publication year rev 7987-2013 Remove constraint Publication year rev: 7987-2013 Subject term antioxidant activity Remove constraint Subject term: antioxidant activity Subject term 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl Remove constraint Subject term: 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl Subject term alpha-pinene Remove constraint Subject term: alpha-pinene Text Availability Citation in PubAg Remove constraint Text Availability: Citation in PubAg
Limit your search
4 Search Results
1. Tetraclinis articulata (Vahl) Masters essential oils: chemical composition and biological activities
- Amirouche Chikhoune; Mohamed Hazzit; Lamia Kerbouche; Aoumeur Baaliouamer; Kamel Aissat
- Journal of essential oil research 2013 v.25 no.4 pp. 300-307
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Escherichia coli; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Staphylococcus aureus; Tetraclinis articulata; agar; alpha-pinene; anti-infective properties; antioxidants; bornyl acetate; butylated hydroxyanisole; butylated hydroxytoluene; chemical composition; essential oils; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hydrodistillation; leaves; microorganisms; minimum inhibitory concentration; oils; volatile compounds; Algeria
- ... Two samples of essential oils from the leaves and cones of wild Tetraclinis articulata (Vahl.) Masters from two different sites in Algeria were isolated by hydrodistillation and investigated by gas chromatography (GC) and GC/mass spectrometry (GC/MS). A total of forty compounds were identified representing 98.6–99.8% of the oils. The main components of the volatile oils were α-pinene (19.8–24.9%) ...
2. Chemical Constituents and Antioxidant Properties of Matricaria recutita and Chamaemelum nobile Essential Oil Growing Wild in the South West of Iran
- Rozbeh Farhoudi
- Journal of essential oil-bearing plants 2013 v.16 no.4 pp. 531-537
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Chamaemelum nobile; Matricaria chamomilla; absorbance; alpha-bisabolol; alpha-pinene; antioxidant activity; beta-pinene; butylated hydroxytoluene; chamomile; chemical composition; cineole; essential oils; free radical scavengers; gas chromatography; mass spectrometry; oils; Iran
- ... The composition of essential oil isolated from Matricaria recutita and Chamaemelum nobile , growing wild in Iran, was analyzed by GC and GC-MS. Chamazulene (27.80 %), β-pinene (7.93 %), 1,8- cineole (7.51 %), α-pinene (5.94 %), α-bisabolol (5.76 %) were found major compounds in Chamaemelum nobile . In Matricaria recutita major compounds were chamazulene (31.2 %), 1,8-cineole (15.2 %) β-pinene (10. ...
- Ashish Deep Gupta; Vipin Kumar Bansal; Vikash Babu; Nishi Maithil
- Journal of Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology 2013 v.11 pp. 25-31
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Aspergillus niger; Myristica fragrans; Staphylococcus aureus; acetone; alpha-pinene; antifungal properties; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; bacteria; beta-carotene; beta-pinene; bleaching; butanol; carvacrol; ethanol; eugenol; fungi; gallic acid; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; methanol; nutmeg; p-cymene; sabinene; seed extracts
- ... Antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of nutmeg (Myristica fragrans Houtt) seed extracts were evaluated. Seeds were extracted with acetone, ethanol, methanol, butanol and water. All the extracts have shown significant antioxidant and antimicrobial activities against the tested microorganisms. Among all extracts, acetone extract has shown the highest antioxidant activity. The acetone extract sho ...
- Fouad Menaceur; Ahmed Benchabane; Mohamed Hazzit; Aoumeur Baaliouamer
- Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature 2013 v.3 no.1 pp. 87-96
- 2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl; Juniperus phoenicea; alpha-pinene; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; butylated hydroxytoluene; chemical composition; essential oils; ethanol; gallic acid; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hydrodistillation; leaves; microwave treatment; quercetin; small fruits; solvents
- ... Essential oils of Algerian Juniperus phoenicea L. obtained from leaves and berries by hydrodistillation (HD) and from berries by Solvent Free Microwave Assisted Extraction (SFMAE) were investigated using both capillary GC and GC-MS techniques. The monoterpene hydrocarbons constituted the most prominent group of constituents (43.2-86.5 %) in the three essential oils with α-pinene (34.4-80.8 %) as t ...