Jump to Main Content
- Alegre, Isabel; Viñas, Inmaculada; Usall, Josep; Anguera, Marina; Altisent, Rosa; Abadias, Maribel
- Food microbiology 2013 v.33 no.2 pp. 139-148
- Pseudomonas graminis, etc ; Listeria monocytogenes; Salmonella; antioxidants; apples; ascorbic acid; disinfection; food pathogens; modified atmosphere packaging; peaches; population growth; storage temperature; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Recently, we reported that the application of the strain CPA-7 of Pseudomonas graminis, previously isolated from apple, could reduce the population of foodborne pathogens on minimally processed (MP) apples and peaches under laboratory conditions. Therefore, the objective of the present work was to find an antioxidant treatment and a packaging atmosphere condition to improve CPA-7 efficacy in reduc ...
- Alegre, Isabel; Viñas, Inmaculada; Usall, Josep; Teixidó, Neus; Figge, Marian J.; Abadias, Maribel
- Food microbiology 2013 v.34 no.2 pp. 390-399
- Pseudomonas graminis, etc ; Escherichia coli O157; Listeria innocua; Salmonella; apples; dose response; food pathogens; fresh-cut foods; fruits; in vitro studies; mechanism of action; microorganisms; peaches; refrigeration; temperature; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... The consumption of fresh-cut fruit has substantially risen over the last few years, leading to an increase in the number of outbreaks associated with fruit. Moreover, consumers are currently demanding wholesome, fresh-like, safe foods without added chemicals. As a response, the aim of this study was to determine if the naturally occurring microorganisms on fruit are “competitive with” or “antagoni ...